Superfood Blue Spirulina which is 100% Pure 16 oz / 1 lb
Blue Spirulina is nutrient-rich, high in protein, amino acids, minerals and has anti-inflammatory properties. It’s Organic, Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy Free, and Dairy Free. It’s protein-rich nutrients are a great addition to Sea Moss Gel. Do your own research on this one it’s really good for you.
Must Be Kept Refrigerated. In the refrigerator, this product expires 21 days after the day you received it. Can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 6 months. We do not recommend freezing in the jars.
Sea moss is also known as Irish moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need, along with Vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K. It is especially rich in calcium and iodine, as well as containing potassium iodide and potassium bromide, selenium, zinc, and natural silica.is a species of red algae that grows near the coastline in rocky areas of the Atlantic coast. In its natural state, color varies from brownish-purple to greenish-yellow.
Blue Spirulina 100% Pure Phycocyanin Health Benefits
Has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
Antioxidant science has been around for decades. Essentially, oxidation is the process by various biochemical reactions that are a part of living produce compounds that can damage your cells and tissues including vital protein structures, your cell membranes, and even your DNA.
Strengthens the immune system
The immune system is a complex network involving several cell types, tissues, and organ systems (21). Spirulina has phytonutrients and unique sugars, or polysaccharides, that have been shown to stimulate immune function.
Spirulina balances blood lipids
Independent of its ability to lower blood pressure, prevent LDL cholesterol oxidation, and reduce inflammation, spirulina, and blue spirulina has been shown in several human trials to balance cholesterol and triglyceride levels, a.k.a. “blood lipids”. Better ratios of blood lipids is a better predictor of cardiovascular disease than is myopically focusing on LDL cholesterol concentration.
Protects your brain and neurons
Spirulina has been shown to protect brain cells from damage, as well as, the mesh of blood vessels that bathe them. By doing so, spirulina has been shown to have neuroprotective effects. Neurocognitive disorder, a.k.a. dementia occurs in part to years of oxidative damage. Spirulina’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties may help to prevent dementia as other phytonutrient and antioxidant-rich plant foods do.
Reduces risk for cardiovascular disease
Your cell membranes are made up of fatty structures called phospholipids which are susceptible to oxidative damage. This is known as lipid peroxidation and is a driver of many chronic diseases. A perfect example of this is the oxidation of “bad” LDL cholesterol which is a pivotal first step in the inflammatory disorder known as atherosclerosis.
Maintains a healthy blood pressure
High blood pressure is a well-established risk factor for cardiovascular disease such as stroke, as well as, kidney failure. Spirulina has been shown to reduce blood pressure in those with normal blood pressure, likely by increasing the production of nitric oxide, as a gas that blood vessels produce which causes them to relax and expand.
As part of a comprehensive lifestyle approach that includes diet and activity/exercise, spirulina and its phytonutrient content, can help to increase your anti-cancer bottom line.
Support liver health
As with many phytonutrients found in various plant foods, spirulina’s phytonutrients may support good liver health by lowering inflammation.
Spirulina helps prevent anemia
There are many different forms of anemia including pernicious anemia due to a vitamin B12 deficiency. The most common one is characterized by a reduction in hemoglobin or red blood cells in your blood. Anemia is more common in older adults than you might think, leading to prolonged feelings of weakness, fatigue, and even depression. A study of 40 older people with a history of anemia found that spirulina supplements increased the hemoglobin content of red blood cells and improved immune function. While not a treatment on its own, spirulina may be an adjunctive strategy.
Improves endurance and strength
Exercise-induced oxidative damage is a major contributor to muscle fatigue. Certain plant foods have phytonutrients that can help to minimize this damage in both athletes and those who are active. Spirulina appears to improve muscle strength and endurance. It’s been demonstrated to improve exercise energy output and to prevent fatigue.
May balance blood sugar
Spirulina has some fascinating research around diabetes management. A meta-analysis of 12 clinical trials found that spirulina was effective at lowering fasting blood sugar and other studies indicate it may improve insulin sensitivity.
8 reason to incorporate Sea Moss into your daily diet:
1) Promotes regular thyroid function- The thyroid is a gland found in the neck below Adam's apple. This gland secretes hormones known as triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). These hormones are known as T3 and T4 based on the atoms of iodine per molecule. T3= 3 iodine atoms per molecule, T4= 4 iodine atoms per molecule. The most common cause of thyroid abnormalities is iodine deficiency. Iodine is one of the many minerals found abundantly in sea moss. By consuming sea moss regularly, you are directly feeding the thyroid.
These hormones have effects on the majority of the body’s tissues and increase BMR (basal metabolic rate). Increases blood flow by directly increasing the rate and strength of the heartbeat. Increases the growth rate of the developing brain cells in the fetus. Increases the growth rate of young children. Plays a major role in thought patterns, sexual function, and sleep. Regulates central and peripheral nervous system function. Regulates menstrual cycle. Controls cholesterol levels.
2) Improves metabolism- What we refer to as our metabolism is really the process of chemical transformation that occurs within our cells. The metabolism is for converting food into energy for cellular functions. Converting food into building and recovery elements for cells. Discarding waste after enough food has been processed.
3) Improves circulation- Filters out germs and other bacteria during blood circulation
4) Boosts immune function- Sea moss is known to have antiviral, antibacterial, anticoagulant, and antimicrobial properties.
5) Promotes digestive regularity- sea moss is known to ease many digestive issues such as indigestion, gastritis, ulcers, and constipation. It is said due to the jelly-like consistency of sea moss, it can provide relief to all inflamed mucus membranes by coating the intestinal wall and at the same time pulling toxins out of the body.
6) Suppresses appetite- Sea moss is a great appetite suppressant due to its high concentration of minerals and its nutrient density. Most of us experience uncomfortable sensations in our stomachs when we have not consumed anything for a period of time. This discomfort may be coupled with weakness and cravings. This is the feeling that we know as hunger. Today we have many companies that create products to assist in the regulation and suppression of this hunger. Do your due diligence in researching what works best for you should you go that route. However, for the people that are looking to suppress their appetite in a more natural and healthier way, sea moss should be considered. When you process sea moss into a gel form, it is easy to add as an ingredient with other foods and drinks. Due to its jelly-like consistency, when sea moss is consumed it passes through the intestines and soothes any inflammation as well as removes any toxins. Sea moss consumed regularly will help to eliminate cravings and as a result, bring the body back to its natural weight based on your level of activity and nutrition.
7) Promotes healthy sexual function- Due to the generous amount of zinc and other minerals that are vital for reproductive function and health, sea moss is great for anyone who desires an increased sex drive. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, sea moss promotes circulation throughout the entire body especially our reproductive organs. For male readers who are experiencing difficulty with sex-related drive, stamina, erection, and other abnormalities, then you should consider consuming sea moss regularly. For female readers who are experiencing a lack in desire, painful sexual experience due to dryness, feminine irritation, and anything else related to this particular topic, then a regular dose of sea moss may improve this situation.
8) Rich in vitamins and minerals- Sea moss is loaded with nutrients that are vital to the human body such as bromine, sulfur, calcium, iodine, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, potassium, beta-carotene, selenium, protein, pectin, zinc, vitamin-C and B-vitamins just to name a few.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If pregnant/lactating or taking any medications, please consult your physician prior to use.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.